Sunday, September 16, 2012

Featured Artist - Dawn Kennedy-Welch/Majik horse





I started off making statement jewelry and life size carousel horses back in the 80′s under the name Artemis. My jewelry was carried in Bloomingdales and Henri Bendel in NYC, as well as small shops in the East Village. It was an exciting time that led to opening kiosks in malls in NY and NJ. Then in 1999 I opened my first retail location in New Hope Pa., and then another in 2004. Then we opened in Woodstock NY in 2006. I love to create a mood that is mysterious or that makes someone happy and able to forget their troubles in some way with anything that I make. I did that with my retail shops as best as I could as well by combining art, music, lighting, color and atmosphere, I always wanted to help make the world a better place in some way, I hope one day to be able to do much more! The shops are but a memory now, but I have a feeling that one day their doors will be open again.

I sell reconstructed vintage storybook coats, doily and lace dresses, macrame owl handbags, and vintage fashion.

God and the spiritual, dreams, kind, giving people, my horses, all animals, nature, music, dance and art. And my parents, who supported every crazy idea that I ever had since I was a little girl.


Handmade is what you can convey that comes from your heart through your mediums, whatever they may be. Bringing a smile to someone through something inspired from your heart's intentions, that is the best feeling in the world to me.

Pieces of Art:






Links:
www.etsy.com/shop/MajikHorse
www.facebook.com/pages/Majik-Horse/253068860727
www.facebook.com/dawnkennedywelch7
pinterest.com/majikhorse/
twitter.com/MajikHorse
Shop videos links:
www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1372989131694&set=vb.253068860727&type=2&th...
www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1372968931189&set=vb.253068860727&type=2&th...


Dawn Kennedy-Welch


No comments:

Post a Comment