Monday, September 3, 2012

Featured Artist - Zulema/Crooked Heart Creations






I am a 32 year old work at home mother to 5 kids. I have been crafting, sewing, crocheting etc. since I was about 5 years old. My grandmother taught me how to do a lot when we were out in the middle of nowhere, we called her ranch! I am married to an awesome guy who supports everything I do. 

I started my shop in November 2011 and it has changed my life! I like to offer an array of different items in my shop. Everything is handmade by myself. I like to sew and crochet the most but I will occasionally do something different! I have everything made everything from tutus, to aprons to headbands! 

It pleases me to know that my customers are happy to have a handmade item that I made myself! It warms my heart to know that they are smiling when they put on an apron I made for them to wear when they cook. Handmade means putting effort into items that others will cherish. I take time and patience when I sew. I have to get into a calm state of mind to make an item. I love what I do and I love sharing it with the world.

My grandmother is deffinately my inspiration. She is now 90 years old and when I go to visit her she is still sitting at her sewing machine just like she did when I was 5. She taught me how to hand sew my barbie clothes and how to crochet as well. She likes to give me vintage yarns that she has had for 30 or 40 years, to her they are just old, to me they are wonderful.

My Shop: 

Piece of Arts



Zulema


No comments:

Post a Comment